Support uniformity in construction documentation and clarity in communication—JOIN CSI. For more information about CSI membership, or to enroll online, go to http://www.csinet.org/joincsi.
The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) advances the process of creating and sustaining the built environment for the benefit of the construction community by using the diversity of its members to exchange knowledge. CSI membership now includes architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, facility managers, developers, owners, design-builders, attorneys, insurers, product manufacturers, product representatives — and, of course, specifiers. CSI represents everyone who has a role in creating and sustaining the built environment throughout its life cycle.
Why should CSI’s diversity be important to you? Because CSI is the only membership organization working to benefit all members of the construction team — no matter what their specific jobs. And CSI is the only organization working to increase the efficiency of the construction industry—working to help you achieve optimal communication, coordination, and cooperation.
What can CSI do for you? CSI can help you compete successfully by:
- Boosting your technological IQ through cutting-edge education and through reading our FREE award-winning construction technology magazine, The Construction Specifier;
- Expanding your networking base through our print and online membership directory, 143 chapters, and the CSI Annual Convention & Exhibit, which attracts 9600+ attendees;
- Providing for professional development & career advancement through national seminars, customized training brought to your company, and audio teleconference seminars;
- Affording opportunities to meet re-certification and licensure requirements by earning CEUs, LUs, and ECHs — some without even leaving the office!
- Promoting your credentials and professional pedigree through our industry-recognized Construction Document Technologist program (CDT) and Certified Construction Specifier (CCS), Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA), and Certified Construction Product Representative (CCPR) certification programs;
- Improving your product knowledge so you make smarter decisions with a FREE product selection system: First Source for Products and SPEC-DATA®.
- Giving you deep discounts on the best technical documents and publications in the industry—The Manual of Practice, Uniform Drawing System (UDS), and much more; and
- Offering you a host of special offers and discounts on a range of essential business services from premier vendors.
Chapters – In addition to membership in the Institute, one can join one or more local chapters. The Philadelphia Chapter has at least 8 meetings or activities each year. You can check the upcoming events by clicking on the Schedule link at left. We kick off the fiscal year with a golf outing and end it with our Seminar Day.
Professional Membership in the Philadelphia Chapter costs $125 per year, which includes your dinner for all the monthly meetings (non-members pay $35 each meeting) and discounts for seminars and activities. Emerging Professionals receive the same benefits for only $100, and Students for only $50. Retired membership is only $10, but does not include dinner.
Since CSI is a registered provider of AIA continuing education credits, chapter meetings generally qualify for AIA Learning Units as well as CSI Contact Hours. The Philadelphia Chapter can even take care of reporting your attendance for you!